I believe that your investment strategy should be based on your goals and circumstances. This approach lets you take control of your financial situation as opposed to letting the whims and unpredictability of the market dictate your plan.
Through the financial planning process I determine the risk/reward parameters that will keep your portfolio within your risk tolerance. Then I develop an investment strategy to meet your goals, taking into account your risk profile, current and projected financial circumstances, return requirements, and other qualitative and quantitative elements unique to your situation.
My investment strategy is centered around methods to best meet your goals. It utilizes an asset allocation strategy that incorporates core investments while allowing a limited amount of tactical repositioning in response to market fluctuations, valuations and the current secular market cycle.
My Clients Value
- Proactive management that takes advantage of the ever-changing market
- Decisions that are centered around their goals and specific circumstances
- A focus on tax efficiency that includes assistance with annual tax reporting
- An approach that seeks cost-efficient investments relative to strategy
- A fee-only relationship in which I am not compensated based on the sale of products
- A fiduciary relationship that ensures the best interests of the client
- Coordination with investments held inside an employer-provided retirement plan
- Having someone there to:
* monitor their portfolio on an ongoing basis
* handle the administrative tasks involved with managing their accounts
* provide practical recommendations in times of panic or complacency
Common Investment Strategies
Accumulation: Clients in this group are typically either starting out or are mid-career and seek investment growth to meet their long-term needs.
Accumulation to Payout Transition: These clients are nearing their target retirement date and have most or all of their goals funded. This phase usually coincides with a desire to reduce risk and essentially “lock in” to avoid loss in the financial markets right before funds are needed.
Retirement Income Strategies: Retired clients often request assistance in meeting their ongoing financial needs through the creation of a personalized cash flow stream.
- We Do Not Take Custody: Bernie Madoff had custody. I use third-party brokerage firms that have SIPC insurance to custody clients’ assets and provide them with periodic statements and tax documents.
- Non-Discretionary: Clients must approve of all recommendations before any action is taken.
- Limited Power of Attorney: I hold limited power of attorney to make trades on my clients’ behalf. I cannot transfer funds to other accounts that are not titled in the client’s name. The only exception is that I can debit investment advice fees directly out of an account. All clients receive invoices and fee activity is reflected in their periodic brokerage statements.
- Business Continuity: If something happened that prevented me from serving in my advisory capacity anymore, I have an agreement with a national financial planning firm that will step in and offer to replace my services.
- Fiduciary Duty: I have a fiduciary obligation to act in the best interest of my clients and disclose conflicts of interest if they should arise.
- Fee-only: I am only compensated by the client and do not receive compensation from any third parties.
- Independent: I do not serve shareholders or a manager. My clients are my boss. I am not subject to pressure to meet so-called production goals that may compromise the fiduciary nature of our relationship.
Investment Advice Fees
My fee for ongoing investment advice is based on a percentage of the total amount of assets under management. Fees may be paid directly out of the account or out of pocket.